Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Europe...thrice in 6 months?!? WHAT?!?

Yes, it's true. I am the queen of spontaneous travel decisions. Just before we left for Norway, I found a steal on tickets to London during Christmas....so, naturally, I convinced Robert that it would be our Christmas gift to each other to fly to London from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve. I'm looking forward to that trip (which is right around the corner...gee does time fly!).

Of course, with my never-ending wanderlust, upon my return from Norway, I was already on Norwegian Air's website scouring the low fare calendar and I found a really cheap round trip ticket to Paris for a weekend at the end of January. The only downside is that it leaves out of & returns to Fort Lauderdale, which is about 2 1/2 hours further than my preferred home airport in Orlando, but if it means a weekend in Paris, I'll make the drive. Robert hasn't decided whether he will be able to go due to his work schedule, but if he can't I've made the executive decision to go solo.

Speaking of Norwegian Air...they are AWESOME! I was a little hesitant about using a budget airline for a long-haul flight, but after our trip to Norway, I can confidently say that my fears were unfounded. The flights each way were comfortable and pleasant. I decided to be cheap (and quite practical, really) and not check any luggage for our Norway trip. So Samantha & I successfully spent a week in Norway with only a carry-on bag. It was honestly one of the best decisions I've ever made. Not only did this decision save us money, but it also helped us avoid overpacking and lost luggage troubles when we arrived at each destination. The verdict is in, so don't hesitate to book your travels with Norwegian. There is a reason they've been voted Best Low-Cost European Airline in 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment