Monday, April 2, 2018

Hello? Is this Thing Still On?

Wow! It's been nearly 2 years since began my adventures round-the world and set out on a quest to become a digital nomad, and just as life always wanders into gray areas and takes unforeseen turns, so has mine.

I knew when I first started this blog that my marriage was on the rocks...and maybe I wasn't ready to admit it to myself or out loud, but over the last year, I have finalized my divorce from Robert. It was a very freeing feeling to move on from him and, by the grace of God, him & I are finally able to have a civil conversation every now & then (when it is absolutely necessary to co-parent). In the midst of going through the divorce, I met a man who has become the love of my life, my best friend, my confidante, and my rock. I'm convinced that he is the one that God has had waiting for me all along. And, the best part? He has kids, his parents love me and he enjoys traveling with me. What more could a girl ask for? Currently he still needs a passport, but I have a feeling that one will find its way to his wallet very soon. In the meantime, I am content with armchair traveling until he can join me on my next adventure....hopefully soon.

So, what have I been up to since I last wrote? Well, I went to Israel & Jordan last November. It was an amazing trip filled with camels, worship, late night trips to the Western Wall in Jerusalem, early morning wake ups from the Muslim's call to prayer and relaxation in the Dead Sea. It was not a cheap trip, but it was worth every single dime I spent going. I'd love to go back on my own (instead of on a group tour) again. Maybe my new love will join me next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment